CTX: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Concordia University-Texas. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to CTX, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown CTX statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Concordia University-Texas on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at CTX
What GPA do you need to get into Concordia University-Texas?
Concordia University-Texas’s average GPA is 3.15. Concordia University-Texas does require GPA. Concordia University-Texas is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of CTX application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Concordia University-Texas may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on CTX’s campus. These CTX admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Concordia University-Texas’s acceptance rate?
Last year Concordia University-Texas’s acceptance rate was 82.14. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||83.0 %||89.0 %||82.14 %|
As you can see, Concordia University-Texas is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that CTX will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into CTX - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Concordia University-Texas Require Test Scores?
Concordia University-Texas requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Concordia University-Texas’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Concordia University-Texas SAT Requirements
Concordia University-Texas’s average SAT score is 980 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Concordia University-Texas is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Concordia University-Texas’s average SAT score is 980. To be a competitive applicant for Concordia University-Texas your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 880, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Concordia University-Texas a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1080.
Concordia University-Texas ACT Requirements
Concordia University-Texas’s average ACT score is 49. To be a competitive applicant for Concordia University-Texas your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 51, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Concordia University-Texas a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 47.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Concordia University-Texas Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Concordia University-Texas from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into CTX
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into CTX. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at CTX, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with CTX admission standards.
- Score at least a 980 on the SAT or 49 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with CTX’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Concordia University-Texas values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Austin has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Concordia University-Texas wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Austin area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. CTX needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Concordia University-Texas something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your CTX app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that CTX’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott
Transfering to Prescott College
Transfering to Oklahoma Wesleyan University
Transfering to Oklahoma Panhandle State University
Transfering to Oklahoma City University