Edgewood College: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Edgewood College. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Edgewood College, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Edgewood College statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Edgewood College on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Edgewood College, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Edgewood College
What GPA do you need to get into Edgewood College?
Edgewood College’s average GPA is 3.4. Edgewood College does require GPA. This average GPA means Edgewood College is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Edgewood College application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.4 to 3.57 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.57 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Edgewood College may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Edgewood College’s campus. These Edgewood College admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Edgewood College’s acceptance rate?
Last year Edgewood College’s acceptance rate was 76.81. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||76.0 %||71.0 %||76.81 %|
As you can see, Edgewood College is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Edgewood College - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Edgewood College Require Test Scores?
Edgewood College requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Edgewood College’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Edgewood College SAT Requirements
Edgewood College’s average SAT score is 1016 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Edgewood College is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Edgewood College’s average SAT score is 1016. To be a competitive applicant for Edgewood College your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 955, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Edgewood College a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1078.
Edgewood College ACT Requirements
Edgewood College’s average ACT score is 66. To be a competitive applicant for Edgewood College your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 58, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Edgewood College a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 75.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Edgewood College Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Edgewood College from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Edgewood College
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Edgewood College. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Edgewood College, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Edgewood College admission standards.
- Score at least a 1016 on the SAT or 66 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.4.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Edgewood College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Edgewood College values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Madison has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Edgewood College wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Madison area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Edgewood College needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Edgewood College something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Edgewood College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Edgewood College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Transfering to Aurora University
Transfering to Eureka College
Transfering to Illinois Wesleyan University
Transfering to Judson University