Ivey Business School: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Ivey Business School. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Ivey Business School, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Ivey Business School statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Ivey Business School on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Ivey Business School
What GPA do you need to get into Ivey Business School?
Ivey Business School’s average GPA is 3.15. Ivey Business School does require GPA. Ivey Business School is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Ivey Business School application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Ivey Business School may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Ivey Business School’s campus. These Ivey Business School admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Ivey Business School’s acceptance rate?
Last year Ivey Business School’s acceptance rate was N/A. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
As you can see, Ivey Business School is just as competitive as it was last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Ivey Business School - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Ivey Business School Require Test Scores?
Ivey Business School requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Ivey Business School’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Ivey Business School SAT Requirements
Ivey Business School’s average SAT score is - - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Ivey Business School is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Ivey Business School’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Ivey Business School your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Ivey Business School a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of -.
Ivey Business School ACT Requirements
Ivey Business School’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Ivey Business School your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Ivey Business School a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of -.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Ivey Business School?
As you can see from the data above, Ivey Business School is moderately competitive. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around -.
Ivey Business School Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Ivey Business School from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Ivey Business School
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Ivey Business School. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Ivey Business School, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Ivey Business School admission standards.
- Score at least a - on the SAT or - on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Ivey Business School’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Ivey Business School values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Ivey Business School wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Ivey Business School needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Ivey Business School something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Ivey Business School app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Ivey Business School’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.