Campbell University: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Campbell University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Campbell University, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Campbell University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Campbell University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Campbell University
What GPA do you need to get into Campbell University?
Campbell University’s average GPA is 3.15. Campbell University does require GPA. Campbell University is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Campbell University application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Campbell University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Campbell University’s campus. These Campbell University admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Campbell University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Campbell University’s acceptance rate was 73.5. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||81.0 %||81.0 %||73.5 %|
As you can see, Campbell University is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Campbell University will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Campbell University - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Campbell University Require Test Scores?
Campbell University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Campbell University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Campbell University SAT Requirements
Campbell University’s average SAT score is 1025 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Campbell University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Campbell University’s average SAT score is 1025. To be a competitive applicant for Campbell University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 920, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Campbell University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1130.
Campbell University ACT Requirements
Campbell University’s average ACT score is 52. To be a competitive applicant for Campbell University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 55, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Campbell University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 50.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Campbell University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Campbell University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Campbell University
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Campbell University. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Campbell University, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Campbell University admission standards.
- Score at least a 1025 on the SAT or 52 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Campbell University’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Campbell University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Buies Creek has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Campbell University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Buies Creek area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Campbell University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Campbell University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Campbell University app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Campbell University’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Alabama A & M University
Transfering to Auburn University at Montgomery
Transfering to Jacksonville State University
Transfering to Arkansas State University-Main Campus
Transfering to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach