CSE: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into College of Saint Elizabeth. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to CSE, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown CSE statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out College of Saint Elizabeth on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at CSE
What GPA do you need to get into College of Saint Elizabeth?
College of Saint Elizabeth’s average GPA is 3.15. College of Saint Elizabeth does require GPA. College of Saint Elizabeth is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of CSE application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. College of Saint Elizabeth may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on CSE’s campus. These CSE admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is College of Saint Elizabeth’s acceptance rate?
Last year College of Saint Elizabeth’s acceptance rate was 63.18. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||66.0 %||65.0 %||63.18 %|
As you can see, College of Saint Elizabeth is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that CSE will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into CSE - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does College of Saint Elizabeth Require Test Scores?
College of Saint Elizabeth requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how College of Saint Elizabeth’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
College of Saint Elizabeth SAT Requirements
College of Saint Elizabeth’s average SAT score is 822 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether College of Saint Elizabeth is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
College of Saint Elizabeth’s average SAT score is 822. To be a competitive applicant for College of Saint Elizabeth your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 716, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of Saint Elizabeth a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 928.
College of Saint Elizabeth ACT Requirements
College of Saint Elizabeth’s average ACT score is 44. To be a competitive applicant for College of Saint Elizabeth your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 47, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of Saint Elizabeth a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 41.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
College of Saint Elizabeth Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into College of Saint Elizabeth from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into CSE
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into CSE. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at CSE, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with CSE admission standards.
- Score at least a 822 on the SAT or 44 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with CSE’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If College of Saint Elizabeth values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Morristown has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. College of Saint Elizabeth wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Morristown area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. CSE needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows College of Saint Elizabeth something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your CSE app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that CSE’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Wesley College
Transfering to Gallaudet University
Transfering to University of Baltimore
Transfering to Goucher College
Transfering to University of Maryland Eastern Shore