How to Get into College of the Holy Cross
This is the go-to guide for getting into College of the Holy Cross. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Holy cross, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Holy cross statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out College of the Holy Cross on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. Here’s what we’re about to cover:
Table of Contents:
What GPA do you need to get into College of the Holy Cross?
College of the Holy Cross’s average GPA is 3.15. College of the Holy Cross does require GPA. College of the Holy Cross is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Holy cross application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. College of the Holy Cross may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Holy cross’s campus. These Holy cross admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is College of the Holy Cross’s acceptance rate?
Last year College of the Holy Cross’s acceptance rate was 37.03. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||38.0 %||40.0 %||37.03 %|
As you can see, College of the Holy Cross is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Holy cross will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Holy cross - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does College of the Holy Cross Require Test Scores?
College of the Holy Cross requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how College of the Holy Cross’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
College of the Holy Cross SAT Requirements
College of the Holy Cross’s average SAT score is - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether College of the Holy Cross is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
College of the Holy Cross’s average SAT score is . To be a competitive applicant for College of the Holy Cross your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 0, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of the Holy Cross a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 0.
College of the Holy Cross ACT Requirements
College of the Holy Cross’s average ACT score is . To be a competitive applicant for College of the Holy Cross your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 0, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of the Holy Cross a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 0.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into College of the Holy Cross?
As you can see from the data above, College of the Holy Cross is difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around .
College of the Holy Cross Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into College of the Holy Cross from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Holy cross
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Holy cross. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Holy cross, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Holy cross admission standards.
- Score at least a on the SAT or on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Holy cross’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If College of the Holy Cross values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Worcester has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. College of the Holy Cross wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Worcester area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Holy cross needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows College of the Holy Cross something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Holy cross app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Holy cross’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.