CULVER: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Culver-Stockton College. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to CULVER, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown CULVER statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Culver-Stockton College on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to CULVER, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at CULVER
What GPA do you need to get into Culver-Stockton College?
Culver-Stockton College’s average GPA is 3.16. Culver-Stockton College does require GPA. Culver-Stockton College is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of CULVER application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.16 to 3.32 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.32 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Culver-Stockton College may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on CULVER’s campus. These CULVER admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Culver-Stockton College’s acceptance rate?
Last year Culver-Stockton College’s acceptance rate was 55.89. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||58.0 %||55.0 %||55.89 %|
As you can see, Culver-Stockton College is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into CULVER - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Culver-Stockton College Require Test Scores?
Culver-Stockton College requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Culver-Stockton College’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Culver-Stockton College SAT Requirements
Culver-Stockton College’s average SAT score is 925 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Culver-Stockton College is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Culver-Stockton College’s average SAT score is 925. To be a competitive applicant for Culver-Stockton College your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 850, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Culver-Stockton College a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1000.
Culver-Stockton College ACT Requirements
Culver-Stockton College’s average ACT score is 60. To be a competitive applicant for Culver-Stockton College your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 51, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Culver-Stockton College a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 69.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Culver-Stockton College Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Culver-Stockton College from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Considered but not required|
|School Record||Considered but not required|
How to get into CULVER
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into CULVER. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at CULVER, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with CULVER admission standards.
- Score at least a 925 on the SAT or 60 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.16.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with CULVER’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Culver-Stockton College values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Canton has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Culver-Stockton College wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Canton area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. CULVER needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Culver-Stockton College something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your CULVER app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that CULVER’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Buena Vista University
Transfering to Central College
Transfering to Cornell College
Transfering to Dordt College
Transfering to Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary