How to Get into Grand Canyon University
This is the go-to guide for getting into Grand Canyon University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Grand Canyon University, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Grand Canyon University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Grand Canyon University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. Here’s what we’re about to cover:
Table of Contents:
What GPA do you need to get into Grand Canyon University?
Grand Canyon University’s average GPA is 3.15. Grand Canyon University does require GPA. Grand Canyon University is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Grand Canyon University application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Grand Canyon University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Grand Canyon University’s campus. These Grand Canyon University admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Grand Canyon University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Grand Canyon University’s acceptance rate was 43.2. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||57.0 %||67.0 %||43.2 %|
As you can see, Grand Canyon University is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Grand Canyon University will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Grand Canyon University - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Grand Canyon University Require Test Scores?
Grand Canyon University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Grand Canyon University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Grand Canyon University SAT Requirements
Grand Canyon University’s average SAT score is 0 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Grand Canyon University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Grand Canyon University’s average SAT score is 0. To be a competitive applicant for Grand Canyon University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 0, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Grand Canyon University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 0.
Grand Canyon University ACT Requirements
Grand Canyon University’s average ACT score is 0. To be a competitive applicant for Grand Canyon University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 0, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Grand Canyon University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 0.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Grand Canyon University?
As you can see from the data above, Grand Canyon University is moderately competitive. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around 0.
Grand Canyon University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Grand Canyon University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Grand Canyon University
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Grand Canyon University. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Grand Canyon University, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Grand Canyon University admission standards.
- Score at least a 0 on the SAT or 0 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Grand Canyon University’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Grand Canyon University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Phoenix has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Grand Canyon University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Phoenix area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Grand Canyon University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Grand Canyon University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Grand Canyon University app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Grand Canyon University’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.