McKendree University: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into McKendree University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to McKendree University, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown McKendree University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out McKendree University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to McKendree University, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at McKendree University
What GPA do you need to get into McKendree University?
McKendree University’s average GPA is 3.41. McKendree University does require GPA. This average GPA means McKendree University is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of McKendree University application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.41 to 3.58 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.58 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. McKendree University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on McKendree University’s campus. These McKendree University admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is McKendree University’s acceptance rate?
Last year McKendree University’s acceptance rate was 63.5. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||68.0 %||62.0 %||63.5 %|
As you can see, McKendree University is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into McKendree University - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does McKendree University Require Test Scores?
McKendree University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how McKendree University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
McKendree University SAT Requirements
McKendree University’s average SAT score is 982 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether McKendree University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
McKendree University’s average SAT score is 982. To be a competitive applicant for McKendree University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 855, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider McKendree University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1110.
McKendree University ACT Requirements
McKendree University’s average ACT score is 67. To be a competitive applicant for McKendree University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 55, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider McKendree University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 80.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
McKendree University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into McKendree University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into McKendree University
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into McKendree University. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at McKendree University, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with McKendree University admission standards.
- Score at least a 982 on the SAT or 67 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.41.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with McKendree University’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If McKendree University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Lebanon has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. McKendree University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Lebanon area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. McKendree University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows McKendree University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your McKendree University app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that McKendree University’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Transfering to Augustana College
Transfering to Aurora University
Transfering to Blackburn College
Transfering to Concordia University-Chicago