UPIKE: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into University of Pikeville. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to UPIKE, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown UPIKE statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out University of Pikeville on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to UPIKE, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at UPIKE
What GPA do you need to get into University of Pikeville?
University of Pikeville’s average GPA is 3.3. University of Pikeville does require GPA. This average GPA means University of Pikeville is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of UPIKE application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.3 to 3.47 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.47 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. University of Pikeville may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on UPIKE’s campus. These UPIKE admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is University of Pikeville’s acceptance rate?
Last year University of Pikeville’s acceptance rate was 100.0. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||100.0 %||100.0 %||100.0 %|
As you can see, University of Pikeville is just as competitive as it was last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into UPIKE - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does University of Pikeville Require Test Scores?
University of Pikeville requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how University of Pikeville’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
University of Pikeville SAT Requirements
University of Pikeville’s average SAT score is 895 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether University of Pikeville is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
University of Pikeville’s average SAT score is 895. To be a competitive applicant for University of Pikeville your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 790, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider University of Pikeville a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1000.
University of Pikeville ACT Requirements
University of Pikeville’s average ACT score is 59. To be a competitive applicant for University of Pikeville your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 50, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider University of Pikeville a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 69.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
University of Pikeville Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into University of Pikeville from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into UPIKE
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into UPIKE. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at UPIKE, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with UPIKE admission standards.
- Score at least a 895 on the SAT or 59 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.3.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with UPIKE’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If University of Pikeville values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Pikeville has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. University of Pikeville wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Pikeville area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. UPIKE needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows University of Pikeville something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your UPIKE app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that UPIKE’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to University of the Ozarks
Transfering to Luther Rice College & Seminary
Transfering to Palm Beach Atlantic University
Transfering to Saint John Vianney College Seminary
Transfering to Trinity Baptist College