Westminster College PA : 2022 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Westminster College PA . We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Westminster College PA , but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Westminster College PA statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Westminster College PA on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Westminster College PA , the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Westminster College PA
What GPA do you need to get into Westminster College PA ?
Westminster College PA ’s average GPA is 3.55. Westminster College PA does require GPA. This average GPA means Westminster College PA is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Westminster College PA application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.55 to 3.73 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.73 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Westminster College PA may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Westminster College PA ’s campus. These Westminster College PA admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Westminster College PA ’s acceptance rate?
Last year Westminster College PA ’s acceptance rate was 94.04. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||74.0 %||72.0 %||94.04 %|
As you can see, Westminster College PA is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Westminster College PA - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Westminster College PA Require Test Scores?
Westminster College PA requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Westminster College PA ’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Westminster College PA SAT Requirements
Westminster College PA ’s average SAT score is 1050 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Westminster College PA is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Westminster College PA ’s average SAT score is 1050. To be a competitive applicant for Westminster College PA your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 940, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Westminster College PA a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1160.
Westminster College PA ACT Requirements
Westminster College PA ’s average ACT score is 68. To be a competitive applicant for Westminster College PA your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 58, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Westminster College PA a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 78.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Westminster College PA Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Westminster College PA from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Westminster College PA
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Westminster College PA . Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Westminster College PA , but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Westminster College PA admission standards.
- Score at least a 1050 on the SAT or 68 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.55.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Westminster College PA ’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Westminster College PA values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. New Wilmington has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Westminster College PA wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader New Wilmington area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Westminster College PA needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Westminster College PA something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Westminster College PA app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Westminster College PA ’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Trinity Washington University
Transfering to Capitol Technology University
Transfering to Centenary University
Transfering to Fairleigh Dickinson University-Metropolitan Campus
Transfering to Fairleigh Dickinson University-Florham Campus