Baldwin Wallace: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Baldwin Wallace University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Baldwin Wallace, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Baldwin Wallace statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Baldwin Wallace University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Baldwin Wallace, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Baldwin Wallace
What GPA do you need to get into Baldwin Wallace University?
Baldwin Wallace University’s average GPA is 3.52. Baldwin Wallace University does require GPA. This average GPA means Baldwin Wallace University is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Baldwin Wallace application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.52 to 3.7 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.7 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Baldwin Wallace University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Baldwin Wallace’s campus. These Baldwin Wallace admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Baldwin Wallace University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Baldwin Wallace University’s acceptance rate was 60.19. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||60.0 %||78.0 %||60.19 %|
As you can see, Baldwin Wallace University is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Baldwin Wallace will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Baldwin Wallace - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Baldwin Wallace University Require Test Scores?
Baldwin Wallace University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Baldwin Wallace University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Baldwin Wallace University SAT Requirements
Baldwin Wallace University’s average SAT score is 1140 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Baldwin Wallace University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Baldwin Wallace University’s average SAT score is 1140. To be a competitive applicant for Baldwin Wallace University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 1030, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Baldwin Wallace University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1250.
Baldwin Wallace University ACT Requirements
Baldwin Wallace University’s average ACT score is 46. To be a competitive applicant for Baldwin Wallace University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 39, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Baldwin Wallace University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 53.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Baldwin Wallace University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Baldwin Wallace University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Baldwin Wallace
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Baldwin Wallace. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Baldwin Wallace, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Baldwin Wallace admission standards.
- Score at least a 1140 on the SAT or 46 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.52.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Baldwin Wallace’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Baldwin Wallace University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Berea has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Baldwin Wallace University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Berea area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Baldwin Wallace needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Baldwin Wallace University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Baldwin Wallace app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Baldwin Wallace’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Transfering to Augustana College
Transfering to Blackburn College
Transfering to Concordia University-Chicago
Transfering to Elmhurst College