Saint Benedict: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into College of Saint Benedict. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Saint Benedict, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Saint Benedict statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out College of Saint Benedict on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Saint Benedict, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Saint Benedict
What GPA do you need to get into College of Saint Benedict?
College of Saint Benedict’s average GPA is 3.67. College of Saint Benedict does require GPA. This average GPA means College of Saint Benedict is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Saint Benedict application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.67 to 3.85 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.85 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. College of Saint Benedict may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Saint Benedict’s campus. These Saint Benedict admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is College of Saint Benedict’s acceptance rate?
Last year College of Saint Benedict’s acceptance rate was 74.14. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||88.0 %||81.0 %||74.14 %|
As you can see, College of Saint Benedict is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Saint Benedict will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Saint Benedict - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does College of Saint Benedict Require Test Scores?
College of Saint Benedict requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how College of Saint Benedict’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
College of Saint Benedict SAT Requirements
College of Saint Benedict’s average SAT score is 1005 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether College of Saint Benedict is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
College of Saint Benedict’s average SAT score is 1005. To be a competitive applicant for College of Saint Benedict your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 880, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of Saint Benedict a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1130.
College of Saint Benedict ACT Requirements
College of Saint Benedict’s average ACT score is 73. To be a competitive applicant for College of Saint Benedict your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 64, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider College of Saint Benedict a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 83.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
College of Saint Benedict Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into College of Saint Benedict from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Saint Benedict
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Saint Benedict. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Saint Benedict, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Saint Benedict admission standards.
- Score at least a 1005 on the SAT or 73 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.67.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Saint Benedict’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If College of Saint Benedict values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Saint Joseph has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. College of Saint Benedict wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Saint Joseph area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Saint Benedict needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows College of Saint Benedict something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Saint Benedict app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Saint Benedict’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Buena Vista University
Transfering to Central College
Transfering to Clarke University
Transfering to Cornell College
Transfering to Dordt College