Grand View University: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Grand View University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Grand View University, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Grand View University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Grand View University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Grand View University, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Grand View University
What GPA do you need to get into Grand View University?
Grand View University’s average GPA is 3.32. Grand View University does require GPA. This average GPA means Grand View University is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Grand View University application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.32 to 3.49 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.49 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Grand View University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Grand View University’s campus. These Grand View University admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Grand View University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Grand View University’s acceptance rate was 98.21. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||97.0 %||93.0 %||98.21 %|
As you can see, Grand View University is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Grand View University - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Grand View University Require Test Scores?
Grand View University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Grand View University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Grand View University SAT Requirements
Grand View University’s average SAT score is 960 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Grand View University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Grand View University’s average SAT score is 960. To be a competitive applicant for Grand View University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 850, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Grand View University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1070.
Grand View University ACT Requirements
Grand View University’s average ACT score is 60. To be a competitive applicant for Grand View University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 51, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Grand View University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 70.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Grand View University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Grand View University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Grand View University
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Grand View University. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Grand View University, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Grand View University admission standards.
- Score at least a 960 on the SAT or 60 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.32.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Grand View University’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Grand View University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Des Moines has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Grand View University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Des Moines area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Grand View University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Grand View University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Grand View University app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Grand View University’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Divine Word College
Transfering to Loras College
Transfering to Palmer College of Chiropractic
Transfering to Benedictine College
Transfering to Bethany College