Moody Bible Institute: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Moody Bible Institute. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Moody Bible Institute, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Moody Bible Institute statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Moody Bible Institute on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Moody Bible Institute
What GPA do you need to get into Moody Bible Institute?
Moody Bible Institute’s average GPA is 3.42. Moody Bible Institute does require GPA. This average GPA means Moody Bible Institute is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Moody Bible Institute application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.42 to 3.59 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.59 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Moody Bible Institute may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Moody Bible Institute’s campus. These Moody Bible Institute admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Moody Bible Institute’s acceptance rate?
Last year Moody Bible Institute’s acceptance rate was 68.33. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||N/A||N/A||68.33 %|
As you can see, Moody Bible Institute is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Moody Bible Institute - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Moody Bible Institute Require Test Scores?
Moody Bible Institute requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Moody Bible Institute’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Moody Bible Institute SAT Requirements
Moody Bible Institute’s average SAT score is - - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Moody Bible Institute is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Moody Bible Institute’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Moody Bible Institute your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Moody Bible Institute a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of -.
Moody Bible Institute ACT Requirements
Moody Bible Institute’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Moody Bible Institute your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Moody Bible Institute a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of -.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Moody Bible Institute Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Moody Bible Institute from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Moody Bible Institute
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Moody Bible Institute. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Moody Bible Institute, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Moody Bible Institute admission standards.
- Score at least a - on the SAT or - on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.42.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Moody Bible Institute’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Moody Bible Institute values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Chicago has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Moody Bible Institute wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Chicago area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Moody Bible Institute needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Moody Bible Institute something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Moody Bible Institute app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Moody Bible Institute’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Transfering to Aurora University
Transfering to Blackburn College
Transfering to Elmhurst College
Transfering to Eureka College