Mount Angel Seminary: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Mount Angel Seminary. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Mount Angel Seminary, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Mount Angel Seminary statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Mount Angel Seminary on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Mount Angel Seminary
What GPA do you need to get into Mount Angel Seminary?
Mount Angel Seminary’s average GPA is 3.15. Mount Angel Seminary does require GPA. Mount Angel Seminary is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Mount Angel Seminary application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Mount Angel Seminary may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Mount Angel Seminary’s campus. These Mount Angel Seminary admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Mount Angel Seminary’s acceptance rate?
Last year Mount Angel Seminary’s acceptance rate was 93.33. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||N/A||N/A||93.33 %|
As you can see, Mount Angel Seminary is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Mount Angel Seminary - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Mount Angel Seminary Require Test Scores?
Mount Angel Seminary requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Mount Angel Seminary’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Mount Angel Seminary SAT Requirements
Mount Angel Seminary’s average SAT score is - - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Mount Angel Seminary is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Mount Angel Seminary’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Mount Angel Seminary your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Mount Angel Seminary a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of -.
Mount Angel Seminary ACT Requirements
Mount Angel Seminary’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Mount Angel Seminary your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Mount Angel Seminary a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of -.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Mount Angel Seminary Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Mount Angel Seminary from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
|GPA||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Mount Angel Seminary
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Mount Angel Seminary. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Mount Angel Seminary, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Mount Angel Seminary admission standards.
- Score at least a - on the SAT or - on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Mount Angel Seminary’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Mount Angel Seminary values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Saint Benedict has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Mount Angel Seminary wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Saint Benedict area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Mount Angel Seminary needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Mount Angel Seminary something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Mount Angel Seminary app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Mount Angel Seminary’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Art Center College of Design
Transfering to California Christian College
Transfering to Dominican University of California
Transfering to American Jewish University
Transfering to The Master's University and Seminary