OU The College: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Ottawa University-Ottawa. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to OU The College, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown OU The College statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Ottawa University-Ottawa on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at OU The College
What GPA do you need to get into Ottawa University-Ottawa?
Ottawa University-Ottawa’s average GPA is 3.15. Ottawa University-Ottawa does require GPA. Ottawa University-Ottawa is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of OU The College application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Ottawa University-Ottawa may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on OU The College’s campus. These OU The College admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Ottawa University-Ottawa’s acceptance rate?
Last year Ottawa University-Ottawa’s acceptance rate was 40.92. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||50.0 %||80.0 %||40.92 %|
As you can see, Ottawa University-Ottawa is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that OU The College will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into OU The College - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Ottawa University-Ottawa Require Test Scores?
Ottawa University-Ottawa requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Ottawa University-Ottawa’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Ottawa University-Ottawa SAT Requirements
Ottawa University-Ottawa’s average SAT score is - - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Ottawa University-Ottawa is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Ottawa University-Ottawa’s average SAT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Ottawa University-Ottawa your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Ottawa University-Ottawa a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of -.
Ottawa University-Ottawa ACT Requirements
Ottawa University-Ottawa’s average ACT score is -. To be a competitive applicant for Ottawa University-Ottawa your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the -, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Ottawa University-Ottawa a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of -.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Ottawa University-Ottawa Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Ottawa University-Ottawa from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into OU The College
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into OU The College. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at OU The College, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with OU The College admission standards.
- Score at least a - on the SAT or - on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with OU The College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Ottawa University-Ottawa values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Ottawa has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Ottawa University-Ottawa wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Ottawa area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. OU The College needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Ottawa University-Ottawa something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your OU The College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that OU The College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Graceland University-Lamoni
Transfering to Iowa Wesleyan University
Transfering to Maharishi University of Management
Transfering to Bethel College-North Newton
Transfering to University of Saint Mary