The University of Findlay: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into The University of Findlay. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to The University of Findlay, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown The University of Findlay statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out The University of Findlay on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to The University of Findlay, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at The University of Findlay
What GPA do you need to get into The University of Findlay?
The University of Findlay’s average GPA is 3.45. The University of Findlay does require GPA. This average GPA means The University of Findlay is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of The University of Findlay application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.45 to 3.62 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.62 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. The University of Findlay may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on The University of Findlay’s campus. These The University of Findlay admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is The University of Findlay’s acceptance rate?
Last year The University of Findlay’s acceptance rate was 75.89. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||73.0 %||75.0 %||75.89 %|
As you can see, The University of Findlay is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into The University of Findlay - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does The University of Findlay Require Test Scores?
The University of Findlay requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how The University of Findlay’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
The University of Findlay SAT Requirements
The University of Findlay’s average SAT score is 990 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether The University of Findlay is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
The University of Findlay’s average SAT score is 990. To be a competitive applicant for The University of Findlay your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 940, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider The University of Findlay a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1040.
The University of Findlay ACT Requirements
The University of Findlay’s average ACT score is 67. To be a competitive applicant for The University of Findlay your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 60, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider The University of Findlay a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 75.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
The University of Findlay Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into The University of Findlay from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into The University of Findlay
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into The University of Findlay. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at The University of Findlay, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with The University of Findlay admission standards.
- Score at least a 990 on the SAT or 67 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.45.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with The University of Findlay’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If The University of Findlay values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Findlay has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. The University of Findlay wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Findlay area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. The University of Findlay needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows The University of Findlay something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your The University of Findlay app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that The University of Findlay’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Transfering to Aurora University
Transfering to Eureka College
Transfering to Illinois Wesleyan University
Transfering to Judson University