Touro College: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Touro College. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Touro College, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Touro College statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Touro College on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Touro College, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Touro College
What GPA do you need to get into Touro College?
Touro College’s average GPA is 3.2. Touro College does require GPA. This average GPA means Touro College is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Touro College application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.2 to 3.36 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.36 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Touro College may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Touro College’s campus. These Touro College admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Touro College’s acceptance rate?
Last year Touro College’s acceptance rate was 34.12. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||62.0 %||74.0 %||34.12 %|
As you can see, Touro College is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Touro College will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Touro College - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Touro College Require Test Scores?
Touro College requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Touro College’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Touro College SAT Requirements
Touro College’s average SAT score is 1217 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Touro College is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Touro College’s average SAT score is 1217. To be a competitive applicant for Touro College your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 1085, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Touro College a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1350.
Touro College ACT Requirements
Touro College’s average ACT score is 0. To be a competitive applicant for Touro College your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 0, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Touro College a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 0.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Touro College?
As you can see from the data above, Touro College is difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.2 but also SAT scores around 1217.
Touro College Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Touro College from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Touro College
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Touro College. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Touro College, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Touro College admission standards.
- Score at least a 1217 on the SAT or 0 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.2.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Touro College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Touro College values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. New York has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Touro College wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader New York area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Touro College needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Touro College something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Touro College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Touro College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to CUNY York College
Transfering to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Transfering to Farmingdale State College
Transfering to State University of New York at New Paltz
Transfering to SUNY Oneonta