University of Bridgeport: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into University of Bridgeport. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to University of Bridgeport, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown University of Bridgeport statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out University of Bridgeport on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to University of Bridgeport, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at University of Bridgeport
What GPA do you need to get into University of Bridgeport?
University of Bridgeport’s average GPA is 3.04. University of Bridgeport does require GPA. University of Bridgeport is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of University of Bridgeport application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.04 to 3.19 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.19 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. University of Bridgeport may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on University of Bridgeport’s campus. These University of Bridgeport admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is University of Bridgeport’s acceptance rate?
Last year University of Bridgeport’s acceptance rate was 51.77. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||58.0 %||54.0 %||51.77 %|
As you can see, University of Bridgeport is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that University of Bridgeport will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into University of Bridgeport - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does University of Bridgeport Require Test Scores?
University of Bridgeport requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how University of Bridgeport’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
University of Bridgeport SAT Requirements
University of Bridgeport’s average SAT score is 925 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether University of Bridgeport is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
University of Bridgeport’s average SAT score is 925. To be a competitive applicant for University of Bridgeport your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 840, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider University of Bridgeport a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1010.
University of Bridgeport ACT Requirements
University of Bridgeport’s average ACT score is 59. To be a competitive applicant for University of Bridgeport your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 48, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider University of Bridgeport a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 71.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
University of Bridgeport Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into University of Bridgeport from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into University of Bridgeport
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into University of Bridgeport. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at University of Bridgeport, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with University of Bridgeport admission standards.
- Score at least a 925 on the SAT or 59 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.04.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with University of Bridgeport’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If University of Bridgeport values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Bridgeport has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. University of Bridgeport wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Bridgeport area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. University of Bridgeport needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows University of Bridgeport something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your University of Bridgeport app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that University of Bridgeport’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Connecticut College
Transfering to Fairfield University
Transfering to Maine Maritime Academy
Transfering to American International College
Transfering to Clark University