Webb Institute: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Webb Institute. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Webb Institute, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Webb Institute statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Webb Institute on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Webb Institute
What GPA do you need to get into Webb Institute?
Webb Institute’s average GPA is 3.15. Webb Institute does require GPA. Webb Institute is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Webb Institute application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Webb Institute may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Webb Institute’s campus. These Webb Institute admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Webb Institute’s acceptance rate?
Last year Webb Institute’s acceptance rate was 36.19. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||N/A||N/A||36.19 %|
As you can see, Webb Institute is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Webb Institute - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Webb Institute Require Test Scores?
Webb Institute requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Webb Institute’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Webb Institute SAT Requirements
Webb Institute’s average SAT score is 1450 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Webb Institute is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Webb Institute’s average SAT score is 1450. To be a competitive applicant for Webb Institute your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 1410, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Webb Institute a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1490.
Webb Institute ACT Requirements
Webb Institute’s average ACT score is 84. To be a competitive applicant for Webb Institute your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 99, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Webb Institute a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 70.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Webb Institute?
As you can see from the data above, Webb Institute is difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around 1450.
Webb Institute Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Webb Institute from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Webb Institute
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Webb Institute. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Webb Institute, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Webb Institute admission standards.
- Score at least a 1450 on the SAT or 84 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Webb Institute’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Webb Institute values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Glen Cove has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Webb Institute wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Glen Cove area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Webb Institute needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Webb Institute something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Webb Institute app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Webb Institute’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Delaware State University
Transfering to Goldey-Beacom College
Transfering to Washington Adventist University
Transfering to Coppin State University
Transfering to Maryland Institute College of Art