IN-PERSON WORKING OPPORTUNITIES ONLY FOR FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY GRADUATES
UWM is a fast-growing company looking to add mortgage underwriters to our team. No experience? No worries! Eight to ten weeks of extensive training will prep recent college graduates for this exciting industry with amazing career advancement potential. Current students, recent graduates, and alumni of Ferris State University are encouraged to apply to this role.
Have a knack for numbers and superior people skills? You’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for. Possess a winning attitude and quick mind? Even better. All we ask of you is that you bring enthusiasm, a solid work ethic and a strong desire to learn. This is a very team-oriented position and we work closely together.
Interested in learning more? Read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Providing elite service to internal and external clients
- Communicating with clients on loan conditions and statuses via phone or video message
- Learning investor guidelines, lending policies, and the required documentation, policy and procedures of UWM
- Applying knowledge and judgment to detailed loan analyses to offer effective underwriting alternatives to clients
- Developing strong computer skills, including Internet knowledge
- Managing multiple priorities, while building rapport with clients
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Must Have Qualifications:
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 12 months experience in Mortgage or Client Service industry
- Work experience with using complex logic and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer experience – ability to multitask on dual monitors
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Adaptable to a flexible, fast-changing industry
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to take accountability for any actions
- Client service experience
- On-site Attendance
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Handling escalated client service situations over the phone
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It’s all happening on UWM’s campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It’s no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It’s at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it’s providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you’ll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you’ll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you’ll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician’s office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Dunkin
- Indoor/outdoor café with Wi-Fi