Kansas City Art Institute: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Kansas City Art Institute. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Kansas City Art Institute, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Kansas City Art Institute statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Kansas City Art Institute on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Kansas City Art Institute, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Kansas City Art Institute
What GPA do you need to get into Kansas City Art Institute?
Kansas City Art Institute’s average GPA is 3.34. Kansas City Art Institute does require GPA. This average GPA means Kansas City Art Institute is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Kansas City Art Institute application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.34 to 3.51 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.51 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Kansas City Art Institute may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Kansas City Art Institute’s campus. These Kansas City Art Institute admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Kansas City Art Institute’s acceptance rate?
Last year Kansas City Art Institute’s acceptance rate was 58.02. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||N/A||N/A||58.02 %|
As you can see, Kansas City Art Institute is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Kansas City Art Institute - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Kansas City Art Institute Require Test Scores?
Kansas City Art Institute requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Kansas City Art Institute’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Kansas City Art Institute SAT Requirements
Kansas City Art Institute’s average SAT score is 1085 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Kansas City Art Institute is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Kansas City Art Institute’s average SAT score is 1085. To be a competitive applicant for Kansas City Art Institute your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 940, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Kansas City Art Institute a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1230.
Kansas City Art Institute ACT Requirements
Kansas City Art Institute’s average ACT score is 68. To be a competitive applicant for Kansas City Art Institute your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 61, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Kansas City Art Institute a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 76.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Kansas City Art Institute Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Kansas City Art Institute from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Kansas City Art Institute
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Kansas City Art Institute. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Kansas City Art Institute, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Kansas City Art Institute admission standards.
- Score at least a 1085 on the SAT or 68 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.34.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Kansas City Art Institute’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Kansas City Art Institute values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Kansas City has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Kansas City Art Institute wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Kansas City area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Kansas City Art Institute needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Kansas City Art Institute something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Kansas City Art Institute app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Kansas City Art Institute’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Buena Vista University
Transfering to Central College
Transfering to Clarke University
Transfering to Cornell College
Transfering to Dordt College