Pace University-New York: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Pace University-New York. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Pace University-New York, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Pace University-New York statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Pace University-New York on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Pace University-New York, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Pace University-New York
What GPA do you need to get into Pace University-New York?
Pace University-New York’s average GPA is 3.4. Pace University-New York does require GPA. This average GPA means Pace University-New York is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Pace University-New York application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.4 to 3.57 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.57 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Pace University-New York may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Pace University-New York’s campus. These Pace University-New York admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Pace University-New York’s acceptance rate?
Last year Pace University-New York’s acceptance rate was 83.83. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||84.0 %||80.0 %||83.83 %|
As you can see, Pace University-New York is a little easier to get into than last year.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Pace University-New York - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Pace University-New York Require Test Scores?
Pace University-New York requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Pace University-New York’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Pace University-New York SAT Requirements
Pace University-New York’s average SAT score is 1050 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Pace University-New York is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Pace University-New York’s average SAT score is 1050. To be a competitive applicant for Pace University-New York your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 940, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Pace University-New York a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1160.
Pace University-New York ACT Requirements
Pace University-New York’s average ACT score is 71. To be a competitive applicant for Pace University-New York your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 63, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Pace University-New York a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 79.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Pace University-New York Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Pace University-New York from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Pace University-New York
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Pace University-New York. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Pace University-New York, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Pace University-New York admission standards.
- Score at least a 1050 on the SAT or 71 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.4.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Pace University-New York’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Pace University-New York values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. New York has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Pace University-New York wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader New York area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Pace University-New York needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Pace University-New York something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Pace University-New York app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Pace University-New York’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to New Jersey City University
Transfering to Monmouth University
Transfering to Rider University
Transfering to Seton Hall University
Transfering to William Paterson University of New Jersey