Paine College: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Paine College. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Paine College, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Paine College statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Paine College on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Paine College
What GPA do you need to get into Paine College?
Paine College’s average GPA is 3.15. Paine College does require GPA. Paine College is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Paine College application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Paine College may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Paine College’s campus. These Paine College admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Paine College’s acceptance rate?
Last year Paine College’s acceptance rate was 30.63. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||25.0 %||32.0 %||30.63 %|
As you can see, Paine College is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Paine College will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Paine College - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Paine College Require Test Scores?
Paine College requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Paine College’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Paine College SAT Requirements
Paine College’s average SAT score is 725 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Paine College is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Paine College’s average SAT score is 725. To be a competitive applicant for Paine College your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 620, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Paine College a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 830.
Paine College ACT Requirements
Paine College’s average ACT score is 36. To be a competitive applicant for Paine College your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 40, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Paine College a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 33.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
How hard is it to get into Paine College?
As you can see from the data above, Paine College is difficult to get into. Not only should you be aiming for a 3.15 but also SAT scores around 725.
Paine College Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Paine College from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Paine College
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Paine College. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Paine College, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Paine College admission standards.
- Score at least a 725 on the SAT or 36 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Paine College’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Paine College values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Augusta has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Paine College wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Augusta area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Paine College needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Paine College something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Paine College app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Paine College’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Johnson University Florida
Transfering to Florida Memorial University
Transfering to Florida Southern College
Transfering to Emmanuel College
Transfering to Fort Valley State University