Biola University: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Biola University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Biola University, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Biola University statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Biola University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. If you're interesting in transferring to Biola University, the read our transfer guide. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Biola University
What GPA do you need to get into Biola University?
Biola University’s average GPA is 3.57. Biola University does require GPA. This average GPA means Biola University is very selective. Often times, schools in this range are trying to increase their selectivity and “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Biola University application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.57 to 3.75 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.75 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Biola University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Biola University’s campus. These Biola University admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Biola University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Biola University’s acceptance rate was 69.85. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||65.0 %||72.0 %||69.85 %|
As you can see, Biola University is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Biola University will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Biola University - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Biola University Require Test Scores?
Biola University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Biola University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Biola University SAT Requirements
Biola University’s average SAT score is 1085 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Biola University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Biola University’s average SAT score is 1085. To be a competitive applicant for Biola University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 950, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Biola University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1220.
Biola University ACT Requirements
Biola University’s average ACT score is 71. To be a competitive applicant for Biola University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 62, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Biola University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 81.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Biola University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Biola University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
|School Rank||Neither required nor recommended|
How to get into Biola University
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Biola University. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Biola University, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Biola University admission standards.
- Score at least a 1085 on the SAT or 71 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.57.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Biola University’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Biola University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. La Mirada has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Biola University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader La Mirada area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Biola University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Biola University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Biola University app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Biola University’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to University of Alaska Fairbanks
Transfering to California State University-Bakersfield
Transfering to California State University-Stanislaus
Transfering to Humboldt State University
Transfering to Sonoma State University