Spalding: 2020 Requirements, Scores & GPAs
This is the go-to guide for getting into Spalding University. We suggest you read until the end... Not only will we layout the exact GPA and test scores you should aim for when applying to Spalding, but we’ll also offer creative ways to help your application stand out from the pack. We breakdown Spalding statistics better than any article out there and show you how these have changed over time. Also, make sure to check out Spalding University on CampusReel to see what it’s really like here. You can also use the below calculator to help determine your likelihood of acceptance at Spalding
What GPA do you need to get into Spalding University?
Spalding University’s average GPA is 3.15. Spalding University does require GPA. Spalding University is currently selective. However, be aware that oftentimes schools in this GPA range are increasing their selectivity in hope of increasing “prestige”. We can’t read the minds of Spalding application readers, but they likely want to increase the average GPA from 3.15 to 3.31 this year - to play it safe, we recommend striving for the 3.31 GPA.
*BEFORE CONTINUING PLEASE NOTE: GPA and “prestige” DO NOT mean a college is right for you. Spalding University may seem amazing on paper, but you may hate it... That’s why 700,000 students transfer colleges every year - they end up going to the wrong school. It’s crucial to watch the videos on CampusReel and make sure you can envision yourself on Spalding’s campus. These Spalding admission statistics do not sufficiently tell you what a college or university is like.
What is Spalding University’s acceptance rate?
Last year Spalding University’s acceptance rate was 50.1. However, check out how the acceptance rate has changed over time.
|Acceptance Rate||50.0 %||59.0 %||50.1 %|
As you can see, Spalding University is getting more and more difficult to get into. If this trend continue it’s likely that Spalding will be even more competitive by the time you apply.
Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood for getting into Spalding - it’s a very high level understanding of the true competition. Use the acceptance rate as a general guide for curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into different ranges of competitiveness. Then, use the below data to get a deeper understanding of how your application will compare to the rest of the pool.
Does Spalding University Require Test Scores?
Spalding University requires that you either take the SAT or ACT. See the table below for how Spalding University’s accepted students have performed on both tests. You may be wondering how many test scores should you submit. Generally, don’t freak out about taking the test too often. Industry consensus is that you can submit up to 6 tests as a reasonable limit.
Spalding University SAT Requirements
Spalding University’s average SAT score is 994 - this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT (the 1600 scale). Check out the below table for a deeper look into how students performed - it’s also very interesting to look at the average test score over time. The trend over time helps give insight into whether Spalding University is getting more or less competitive.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Spalding University’s average SAT score is 994. To be a competitive applicant for Spalding University your SAT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 883, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Spalding University a “target” school (one that you are likely to get into) you should aim for a score of 1106.
Spalding University ACT Requirements
Spalding University’s average ACT score is 49. To be a competitive applicant for Spalding University your ACT score should come close to the average. If you’re closer to the 51, you’re likely going to have a tougher time getting accepted. To consider Spalding University a “target” school (one that you have a good chance of getting into) you should aim for a score of 47.
|25th Percentile||75th Percentile||Average|
Spalding University Requirements
Now you know where you need to be for getting into Spalding University from a grade and test score perspective. Let’s quickly outline what else you’ll need to provide for your application to get reviewed, and then we’ll move onto the most important section: differentiating your app.
How to get into Spalding
Follow these steps to maximize your chances of getting into Spalding. Everything you read above will help prepare you for what you need to achieve to have a shot at Spalding, but these steps will take you even further in applying that knowledge and differentiating your application.
Main Academic Excellence that is in line with Spalding admission standards.
- Score at least a 994 on the SAT or 49 on the ACT.
- Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.15.
Join Extracurriculars that Align with Spalding’s Values.
- Join your school band, a sports team or another group activity. If Spalding University values music heavily, for example, then try to participate in an organization related to that topic.
- Volunteer in your hometown. Louisville has tons of ways to be involved beyond just the college. Spalding University wants applicants that are also good ambassadors for the school - they want students who will give back to the local community and broader Louisville area in general.
- Spend your summer doing something that speaks to your values, personal growth, leadership qualities and other less quantifiable characteristics. Spalding needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that.
Prepare Your Application
- Write a stellar essay that shows Spalding University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application. For a detailed guide on writing the best college essay, check this out.
- Get teacher recs that speak to your character. If you know what you’re majoring in and include that in your Spalding app, try to have at least 1 recommendation from a teacher in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. Too many students wait until the last minute to submit their application, and too much can go wrong during this precious time window. Since many students are applying on the last day, it’s possible that Spalding’s own system crashes. Don’t risk the added stress this can cause - submit your app a few days early.
Related College & Universities:Transfering to Birmingham Southern College
Transfering to Faulkner University
Transfering to Huntingdon College
Transfering to Judson College
Transfering to University of Mobile