Amherst College Transfers: 2020 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
How effective are Amherst College virtual tours?
It depends how you use them. Amherst College is a hustling, bustling campus and community. The beauty of Amherst College virtual tours on CampusReel is that authentic video tours, made by real students, can be spectacular at capturing the Amherst College vibe. We also go well beyond the confines of the Amherst College campus by taking you around Amherst. In traditional virtual tours, you will mostly see still, unengaging images and will not see the surrounding area at all – which is why CampusReel virtual tours are so important.
Can a Amherst College virtual tour replace a traditional in-person visit?
If you cannot visit Amherst College in person, then we can honestly say that we believe a CampusReel virtual tour of Amherst College is absolutely the most effective and holistic way to understand the Amherst College people, campus and community. However, if you do plan on visiting Amherst College and other colleges in person, we strongly recommend that you at least prescreen your college options on CampusReel before spending the time and money to visit. Most prospective families find that as soon as the step on campus, they instantly know whether or not they like the school – but they’ve already spent all that time and money getting there! Our goal is to eliminate all the time and money visiting Amherst College in person until you can make a strong educated guess that it’s worth the investment.
What places can I virtually tour at Amherst College?
For your convenience, below is a list of Amherst College places you can virtually tour on CampusReel.
- Amherst Town Clerk at Amherst College
- Alumni Gymnasium and Athletic Complex at Amherst College
- Amherst College: Keefe Campus Center at Amherst College
- Morrow Dormitory at Amherst College
- Beneski Museum of Natural History at Amherst College
- A J Hastings Inc at Amherst College
- Mead Art Museum at Amherst College
- Robert Frost Library at Amherst College
- Buckley Recital Hall at Amherst College
- Memorial Dr at Amherst College
- Greenway Dormitory at Amherst College
- Williston Hall at Amherst College
- Book and Plow Farm at Amherst College
- Seeley Mudd at Amherst College
- Valentine Dining Hall, Amherst College at Amherst College
- James Hall at Amherst College
- The Lord Jeffery Inn at Amherst College
- Merrill Science Center, Amherst College at Amherst College
- Amherst College Quadrangle at Amherst College
- King Hall at Amherst College
- Converse Hall at Amherst College
- Norwottuck Rail Trail at Amherst College
What are the downsides of a Amherst College virtual tour?
The downside of virtually touring Amherst College on CampusReel is that, admittedly, our technology does not yet mimic the exact feeling and experience of visiting Amherst College in person. We are working on this though! A common request we also receive from users is to add more perspectives (e.g. student guides) to the platform. Rest assured we are working on adding more CampusReel guides to the Amherst College virtual tour. However, our selection of guides still far outweighs the available perspectives of traditional virtual tour platforms.
What are the benefits of a Amherst College virtual tour?
The most obvious benefit of a Amherst College virtual tour on CampusReel is that is can be accessed from anywhere. This can save families a lot of time and money compared to visiting Amherst College in person. Another often overlooked benefit of a CampusReel virtual tour is that it goes far beyond a traditional in person tour Amherst College. Campus visits are limited both in time and scope – how are you expected to truly understand a college in a 1 hour tour? That’s why we stress the added benefit of CampusReel virtual tours – experience Amherst College and Amherst during different seasons, days of the week, and even hours of the day. What’s game day like? What is finals week life? Again, traditional virtual touring platforms don’t include this benefit.
Check out these related virtual tours: